- This Snaffle has full cheeks and a slow twist, single jointed mouthpiece.
- Slow twist snaffles are more severe than regular, jointed snaffle bits.
- The more twist in the bit, the more severe.
- A slow twist bit may be useful for a horse that has become unresponsive to a regular snaffle bit, or when more control is required such as taking the horse out in company.
- The full cheek prevents the bit from being pulled through the horse's mouth.
- Correctly used with fulmer keepers (sold separately), the mouthpiece cannot be turned over in the horse's mouth while at work.
- Also, the full cheek provides more lateral control by creating light pressure on the horse's cheeks.