An aid in restoring fluid and electrolyte levels depleted by strenuous exercise and sweat loss during training, racing, competition and transport in all performance horses.
RECOMMENDED FOR USE IN:
- Horses prior to, during and after travel
- Performance horses following sweat loss
- Rehydration after illness or diarrhoea
- 'Tucked-up' horses- showing signs of dehydration
- Poor drinkers
Dosage rates are for a 450-500kg horse.
For ponies less than 350Kg offer half volumes.
By oral syringe over tongue
- Light work (Up to 30 minutes duration) - 40mL after excerice
- Moderate work (30-60 minutes duration) - 60mL after exercise
- Heavy work. Racing, jumping, dressage, polo, stock work - 80mL after exercise
- Heavy sweat loss and dehydration in all horses, endurance, eventing - 80ml after exercise
Made-up drink in water
- Light work (Up to 30 minutes duration) - 40mL in 2L of water
- Moderate work (30-60 minutes duration) - 60mL in 3L of water
- Heavy work. Racing, jumping, dressage, polo, stock work - 80mL in 4L of water
- Heavy sweat loss and dehydration in all horses, endurance, eventing - 80mL in 4L of water
SEVERLY DEHYDRATED HORSES
- 6-8 litres of made-up solution (40mL Recharge®/litre water) may be administered by stomach tube or as required, by a veterinary surgeon.
- 60-80mL can be administered by oral syringe over the tongue, during a ride or at checkpoints, providing water is available or offered immediately
- Hot weather or long distances: 40-60mL over the tongue with water provided 30-60 minutes before travelling, repeat every 2-3 hours during travelling
and again on arrival as required.
- Sodium 2.4g
- Magnesium 176mg
- Potassium 1.8g
- Sulphate 695mg
- Chloride 3.8g
- Glucose 15.6g
- Phosphate 1.4g