QuikHEAL is a broad-spectrum antibacterial and antifungal ointment, containing sulphur and copper sulphate to assist rapid healing from greasy heel and other skin conditions.
Why do I need it?
- Fast acting
- Antibacterial and antifungal
- Easy to use
- Highly effective against infection
- Thick ointment that doesn’t run off easily
- Water resistant – acts as a barrier.
Treats a broad range of conditions:
- Greasy heel
- Rain Scald
- Girth gall
- Saddle sores
- Knicks and cuts
What is greasy heel?
Greasy Heel is caused by the bacteria Dermatophilus congolensis and is characterised by greasy, cracked or inflamed skin on the heels and rear of the pasterns. Greasy heel is often referred to as ‘mud fever’ where horses develop the condition when standing in muddy yards and paddocks during wet weather. Horses with white socks or pasterns are often more susceptible to developing the condition greasy heel. Left untreated, the skin develops deep cracks and becomes infected. The hair falls out, and oozing discharges that are greasy or sticky to the touch coat the skin on the heels and pasterns. In some cases, the sores begin to bleed, and infection and inflammation threaten the health of the horse.
How does QuikHEAL work?
- As soon as bacteria or fungi enter broken skin they inflame the skin, causing mild to severe irritation.
- The active ingredients in QuikHEAL effectively kill the bacteria and fungi.
- QuikHEAL is water resistant, which aids in its longevity on the wound once applied.
- The combination of sulphur and copper sulphate in QuikHEAL also provides an unfavourable environment for bacteria and helps to prevent re-infection.
- QuikHEAL also acts as a barrier to allow the antibacterial and antifungal ingredients to do their job.