Did you know that grains and many ready-mixed and processed feeds are low in natural mucilage compounds?
Gastro-Coat may assist your horse’s appetite and digestive function...
A Dietary Supplement of Natural Compounds for the Gastro-Intestinal Tract of Horses.
- Contains natural mucilage compounds to help the action of chewing and salivation to maintain normal gastric and upper intestinal function.
- Helps maintain the appetite in hard working and traveling horses.
- Palatable and well accepted by horses.
- Drug free – natural mucilage compounds – does not contravene rules of racing/competition – it is a feed supplement – not a drug based medication!
- Provides a source of natural mucilage and sticky gum-like compounds which are low in grain and protein meal based diets. Natural mucilages are especially low in processed feeds where the heat of steam-rolling, micronisation and extrusion damages these compounds which assist chewing and saliva in its action to maintain normal digestive function as a horse exercises, travels or when waiting to race or compete.
Handy Hint: Many horses lose their appetite when worked on an empty stomach or when competed 3-4 hours after a pre-race/competition meal. Mixing Gastro-Coat into 5 litres of dry lucerne chaff, dampened with 50mL Energy-Gold oil to tempt a ‘fussy eater’ and feeding about 30 minutes prior to exercise or competition, prior to traveling or the return trip after racing or competition, will help to stimulate chewing and salivation to assist the normal function of the digestive system and help the appetite and general well-being.