The wings not only prevent the bit from being pulled through the horse's mouth, but exert lip pressure when the reins are used.
Unlike a standard jointed snaffle that have a nearly straight mouthpiece, JP Bits have a curved shape that eliminates the interference that conventional bit can cause. All JP Bits feature curved bars that prevent the bit from hitting the roof of the horse's mouth and eliminate the nutcracker-like action that can pinch a horse's tongue.
Developed in conjunction with world-renowned trainer and jockey John Patterson. JP Bits provide the utmost comfort for your horse.
- The unique curved shape of the mouth piece offers many advantages.
- Eliminates the "nutcracker" action of conventional bits.
- Keeps the bit from hitting the roof of the horse's mouth.
- No direct pressure on tongue and bars.
- Replaces bit interference with humane comfort.
- Encourages relaxation and salivation.
- Allows for effective communication between horse and rider.
- Fine Hand polished stainless steel.